Vision, Mission and Values
Every maritime missionary equipped to serve and mobilized to action.
To train, disciple and empower maritime missionaries, so they can fulfill their mission with excellence and improve the lives of individuals in the communities they serve. We pursue this mission through training, coaching, and crewing.
• We value excellence and integrity that glorifies God through the highest ministry standards and character.
• We value training that equips maritime missionaries.
• We value leadership that follows Jesus' example of servanthood.
• We value empowerment that encourages others to make a kingdom impact.
• We value culture, reaching others by walking in their shoes.
• We value innovation that is always looking to improve what we do.
Matthew and Sherry Baumgardner
Founders of MAST Global
Matthew is from Oregon, USA and joined his first maritime ministry deployment to Mexico in 1987. He holds his United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariners credentials and has a passion to train the next generation who desire to serve in ship ministry. He has served on board multiple ministry vessels in many nations.
Sherry is from the UK and her journey into full-time ministry began in 1997 after a trip to Madagascar. She met Matthew while working on board a ministry vessel that served in Central America. Serving MAST Global through programs support, she holds her MA in Intercultural Ministry Leadership, with a vision for missions strategy coaching.
They have six children, aged 23 to 13, and live in Texas, USA. Their fourth son Dominic recently went to his eternal home, at the age of 17.